Donate for Victory

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Thuggery from city officials?

"Mr. Horton:

Your campaign is of no interest to me, if that is what you call it. You stated in your article in the Daily Citizen that A & P Tax money is being spent. This shows how little you really know!!! If you are going to present yourself in the public arena, I will call you out every time an untrue statement is told. I did not this time because of my respect for (your family member). I may not be as thoughtful next time. Our legal representation has advised me not to speak to you, therefore, cease communication with me immediately." - Steve Sterling

Is this type of thuggery from elected officials acceptable?  Is this an appropriate way for an elected official to approach a concerned, private citizen?


*Sterling is a Searcy Alderman from Ward 2.